Baby Almost Dies After Eating Popular Snack. Then Dad Goes Back, Spots Message On Package

Updated May 15, 2017

 

Want to see more stories like this? Join the AWM Fans Facebook group today!

A young father was still new to being a parent and had not yet learned the ropes. But now that his young daughter was old enough to eat solid foods, he felt he had graduated to a new stage of parenting. Because he had the dishes to get to and she was hungry, dad handed the girl her favorite snack.

But seconds later, dad Justin Morrice experienced the worst nightmare every parent shares. His daughter was quickly getting sick and dad had no idea what to do…

“As I had just finished feeding my daughter I set some of these cheesies on her highchair tray,” Morrice said. “In less then 10 seconds I had turned to rinse her bowl in the sink…turned back and saw her gasping for air. She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out!”

Now that dad has gotten a handle on the experience, he has turned to Facebook to help warn other parents about this popular snack.

“I rushed over and picked her up and turned her over and slapped her back(as we were taught) for what seemed like forever,” the father stated. “I flipped her over and her lips had turned blue and she was still trying to cry.”

That’s when Justin realizes the severity of the situation…

“I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms,”

Dad reached into his daughter’s throat desperately trying to pull out the cheesies.

Time was running out…

“The next thing I heard was the sweetest sound in the world…her crying.” He says it was “the longest and scariest min of my life”.

But why had his daughter been choking? It was a food produced by Gerber. Don’t they know how to make things that are safe for babies? Apparently not…

“After scanning the can my mom found this ‘warning’ in tiny letters on their side to throw contents out after 5 days of breaking the seal. I opened a new container and I could not believe the difference. The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug. I could squish it but it would expand back out and would not break apart. The ones in the new can crumbled with ease.”

If you do not know, baby food can expire faster than you think. For example, formula cannot last in the fridge longer than 24 hours. And if your baby has already used it in a bottle, it is no good after an hour.

Based on the size of these cans, it seems impossible that any child could finish them in less than 5 days.

Justin admits that he was being a “lazy” parent by not reading the packaging before serving the baby food to his daughter. Now he wants to make clear that he is not trying to “degrade Gerber in anyway” but warn other parents.

Justin concludes his lengthy Facebook warning post with: “So again this is just a warning to all parents…read the labels!”

Do you read the labels on everything before giving it to your children?

Please SHARE THIS WARNING WITH OTHER PARENTS by posting it to your Facebook page now!

Share this story and help build a home for a disabled veteran.