She Comes Running Down Stairs Screaming In Pain, Mom Realizes What Caused It Right Away

 

Look at 13-year-old Gabbie’s neck. She has been severely burned by a household object that most teens and adults use on a daily basis.

Because this dangerous object is everywhere, Gabbie’s mother, Jackie Fedro wants to warn other people about the hidden danger of your cell phone charger. Because Gabbie got second-degree burns on her neck while simply talking on her cellphone, Jackie was shocked and knew thousands of people were at risk.

So, she took it upon herself to issue a warning and here is your chance to protect yourself…

Listen to what Jackie has to tell you below…

Gabbie was talking on her LGd500 model. It was connected to the charger while she chatted away. But Gabbie was also wearing a metal necklace. Suddenly, the electrical current in the phone charger traveled through the cord, through her phone, and directly into her necklace…

As the electricity pulsed through the metal around her neck, Gabbie screamed as the heated up object scaled her neck and burned her delicate flesh.

Jackie stopped everything as she heard her daughter’s wretched screams in pain. Then the 13-year-old girl came bolting down the stairs holding her neck. Her eyes were wide with shock and she was about to burst into tears.

“She came running downstairs after it [happened] grabbing her neck,” Gabbie’s mother said. “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

Gabbie told her mother what had happened and then Gabbie broke down in tears. The terrifying experience not only scarred her skin, but damaged her psychologically – since she felt like her life had been threatened if things had been just a little bit different.

“It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,” she said. “It took her a good five minutes before she was even able to tell us what had happened.”

One of the reasons Jackie had given her teenage daughter a phone for Christmas was so they could keep her safe. But she never thought the phone would become the source of her daughter’s suffering.

Men: Feel Like You Are 24 Again

“One of the reasons we finally gave in and bought her a cell phone is so we can keep in touch with her more with her crazy practice schedule,” Jackie told BuzzFeed at the time.

Now that Jackie has shouted about this issue from the rooftops, a representative from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Scott Wolfson, stated that most cellphone burning incidents occur when one of the lithium batteries overheats from inside the phone.

Wolfson warns that “knock off” or third party chargers or batteries, only increase the risk of injury. Although accidents like this are rare, they occur often enough to warrant the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s involvement.

Although Wolfson warned about using knock off brands, Jackie insisted that her daughter’s phone and equipment was all brand new. Because this was true, T-Mobile, their phone carrier, replaced the device and even offered to cover Gabbie’s medical bills.

LG refused to comment on the issue at the time of the burning.

Please SHARE THIS WARNING with your family and friends on Facebook now!

Share this story and help build a home for a veteran.