Trump Abrubtly Heads Onto Marine One, Few Media Outlets Are Reporting On The Real Reason Why

Updated February 10, 2017

It’s no doubt that President Trump’s first days in office have been a whirlwind of activity as he’s kept busy signing documents, attending meetings and briefings and implementing executive orders. But, it was quite surprising when he and his daughter Ivanka abruptly left the Oval Office on Wednesday to board a Marine One helicopter.

Inquiring minds wanted to know where they were headed in the midst of all of his new president responsibilities and the White House Press Office issued the following press release:

POTUS and daughter Ivanka emerged from the Oval Office at 2:57 p.m. under cloudy skies on a chilly winter day, with Trump wearing a long, dark overcoat that was unbuttoned, allowing his signature blue tie to show. She was wearing a black and blue overcoat that was buttoned, and carrying a black handbag. The first daughter had her blonde hair pulled up.

POTUS and his daughter walked slowly toward Marine One, Trump giving the pool a brief wave.

At 2:58 p.m., Ivanka boarded the executive helicopter first, followed by her father, who saluted the Marine as he started up the stairs.

At 3 p.m., the engines fired up, and two minutes later Marine One lifted off from the South Lawn.

While the release was issued about the fact that they were headed somewhere, the destination was unknown, however; another release was issued shortly after they departed, revealing the destination of the president and his daughter…

POTUS is arriving shortly or has already arrived in Marine One at Dover Air Force Base for arrival of remains of a US commando killed early Sunday in Yemen during a raid on Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

The Pentagon has identified the deceased as Chief Special Warfare Operator William “Ryan” Owens, 36, of Peoria, Ill. Multiple news outlets have said Owens was a member of SEAL Team 6. The death occurred during the first counter-terrorism operation of the Trump presidency.

Sen. Chris Coons (D) of Delaware is accompanying POTUS on the visit to Dover AFB.

President Trump and First Daughter Ivanka were headed to be present for the ceremony which is known as “dignified transfer,” or the transfer of the fallen service-member’s remains from military custody, and in this case, the airplane in which Owens’ body was traveling, to the mortuary that will handle their final arrangements.
Dignified Transfer is known as one of the most solemn missions of the United States Air Force and is conducted for every U.S. military member who dies in the theater of operation while in the service of their country. Each move and command that the airmen receive during the dignified transfer has to be perfect, crisp, clean and deliberate. Since 2009, the Dover Air Force Base Mortuary Affairs Operations has conducted over 1900 dignified transfers, serving over 9,500 family members of fallen warriors. Being part of the dignified operations mission is one of the most honorable jobs for a member of the United States military.
Commenters shared their appreciation for President Trump’s presence…
“Thank you Mr. President for honoring this young man. During my service, they spit on us and called us baby killers.  Hillary dodged sniper fire in Bosnia, and both Bush and Obama hid the deceased returning soldiers and sailors from the view of the media.  This act of greeting the remains of the first military member lost on his watch will galvanize his resolve and also make him consider his awesome responsibility in protecting our people.”