Cops Take One Look At This Photo She Posted To Facebook, Arrest Her For Murder; Look Closely : AWM

Cops Take One Look At This Photo She Posted To Facebook, Arrest Her For Murder; Look Closely

On March 24, 2015, Cheyenne Antoine and Brittney Gargol posed for a selfie that was posted on Facebook. It was the last image the pair of friends from Saskatchewan, Canada shared before going out for the night. But within hours of the selfie being posted, 18-year-old Gargol was dead. Her body was found mangled on the side of the road. Two days later, Antoine, who is now 21 years old, admitted to the police that she was the one to kill her best friend.

The police had spotted the belt that was used to strangle the teenage girl because it was in plain sight in the Facebook image. And when the cops confronted Antoine about the belt, she broke down and confessed to the brutal and senseless killing.

You can see the murder weapon in the photo. It is the same belt that Antoine had been wearing.

The belt in the photograph matched marks that were left on Gargol’s car. And when Saskatoon’s Senior Crown Prosecutor Robin Ritter saw that wide-webbed pattern on the black belt, Ritter knew there was a connection.

“[The car] was dirty and it had dust, and you could see on the side of the car — you could see marks, and the marks were consistent with that black belt,” Ritter told CNN. “And it also looked like there was a struggle.”

Because the Facebook photograph proved that the pair had been together on the night of Gargol’s murder, the police questioned Antoine several times. During those interviews, Antoine “manufactured evidence and false statements to police.” She was hiding something, and the cops just had to get down to the bottom of it before the teen got away with murder.

At the time when she killed her best friend, Antoine was also just 18-years old. She had her whole life ahead of her and decided to throw it away for murder.

“She told police they went out drinking and met up with a white male,” Ritter said.

After meeting with the unnamed man, Antoine said she went to her uncle’s house.

Logically, the Saskatoon Police placed a call to Antoine’s uncle. And when they spoke to the man, they found that Antoine’s story fell apart.

Antoine’s uncle was shocked to hear that she had been seeing a white male that night. He didn’t know of anyone that matched the description.

Because he was inept at answering the question, he broke down. And then he told the police that his niece had asked him to lie for her and say to the police that “two black men” killed Gargol in a violent fit of rage.

In March 2017, Antoine was finally arrested and charged with second-degree murder and causing indignity to a body.

And on Monday, she asked the court to make a plea deal with her because she admitted to killing the young woman who had a bright future ahead of her.

Antoine’s confession went as follows. She claims that because she and Gargol were intoxicated, they got into an argument. Instead of cooling down and acting like friends, the debate got more heated. Eventually, Antoine removed her belt and strangled Gargol until she was dead. Then she abandoned her best friend’s body by the roadside.